Start of the Day:
Please arrive in school between 8.40am-8.50am. This approach also allows working parents to drop off children within a longer time period and means that all children can start learning as soon as they enter the school.
- Reception Children - To enter via the Ellenbrook Road entrance and go to classroom doors.
- Year 1 & 2 Children - To enter either via the Ellenbrook Road or Sheldrake Drive entrance and use the side gates.
- Years 3 - 6 Children - To enter via the Sheldrake Drive entrance only and to use the junior playground gate
There will be no access to the infant or junior playgrounds during the morning drop off but there will be staff on the gates if you wish to pass on a message about your child. Reception children can be taken to their classroom door. Any child that arrives after 8.50am will need to enter through the main reception.
- Reception Children - 11.50 -12.50
- Year 1 & 2 Children - 12.00 - 12.50
- Year 3 & 4 Children - 12.25 - 1.15
- Year 5 & 6 Children - 12.25 - 1.15
End of the Day:
Parents/carers please pick up from the classroom doors, parents can enter and leave via whichever gate is most convenient .
Older pupils, from Year 4 upwards, can walk home alone with permission from their parents. Parents must inform the school of this permission as teachers cannot release a child without contact from a parent or carer.
- Reception - Year 2 children - Finish at 3.15pm
- Year 3 - 6 children - Finish at 3.20pm
Reception-Year 2 children: 32 hours and five minutes/week
Year 3 - 6 children: 32 hours and 30 minutes/week
All pupils should go straight to their classrooms as soon as they arrive at school between 8:40 and 8:50am.
The school is required to mark the attendance register twice each day; once at the start of the day and once during the afternoon session. The register will be called promptly at 8.50am by each Class Teacher. The registers will close at 9.05am. Children who arrive at school after 8.50am must report to the main school.
We want to see the best educational outcomes for all Gusford pupils, and good attendance is key to achieving this.